Monday, March 25, 2013

Historic Farms & Gardens

I adore history: historic farms, gardens, and homesteads especially!

Over the past several years, I have been privileged enough to have the opportunity to visit many historic farms and gardens across the country, from Spanish missions, fur trading forts, and Gold Rush era towns in the West, to Colonial and Civil War era farms and plantations in the East. And everywhere I am met with the realization that not only did our ancestors grow crops and plant kitchen gardens out of necessity, but they also grew a stunning array of flowering plants for the sake of beauty alone - and because blooming flowers put smiles on faces and lift our spirits!

Here, I will share with you some of my favorite historic farms and gardens I have visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment